More Energy whatever the Terrain.
The Energy Sector:
Past, Present and Future
The utilities industry in Britain is under greater scrutiny and pressure than ever before. In the drive to deliver the reliable power,
water and services we all demand, Unimog is your versatile, cost-effective ally. Keeping the lights on and the water flowing is
just what Unimog was built for.
The all-terrain Unimog with it’s ‘Central Tyre Inflation System’, controllable from the cab and while rolling, combined with high ground clearance and a highly developed chassis means it gets in and out again with the minimum of fuss delivering key features and benefits:-
- Quickly and safely to the job location with 4WD and differential locks
- The Job is completed on time and on budget
- High customer satisfaction and retention
- The vehicle is available for the next job, maintaining productivity
- Fewer costly vehicle recoveries
- Reduced claims for land damage through soil compaction thanks to tyre pressure control system and inline single wheels
- Low net weight, defined interfaces and body mounting allow professional performance with a wide variety of implements
- Hydraulics for operating cable winches
- Teamwork with many body manufacturers supplying insulated aerial working platforms for the Unimog
- The cost-effective alternative for cleaning, maintenance and repair jobs under high voltage lines: working safely without switching off the power grid is possible up to 60kV
It manages to get everywhere – even to places which would otherwise only be accessible with tracked vehicles. On the job non-stop, the Unimog quietly gets on with the job, often under extremely difficult conditions: 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Capable of handling arduous terrain, extreme temperatures and environments without infrastructure, the Unimog is also the ideal vehicle for exploration/expedition work.