COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Policy
South Cave Tractors Ltd Business Continuity and Coronavirus (COVID-19) 24/03/2020
Ongoing Business Activities:
- Our offices and workshops will continue to operate with reduced staff for the foreseeable future and we will do our best to take care of you and your Unimog vehicle. If you need servicing or repair of your Unimog for the coming weeks then still please contact our service department via phone or email only.
- Spare parts are still available to order. We have a good stock of components available for despatch from our own stores and from Mercedes-Benz.
- We are still on hand to give you technical support and advice when it comes to your own repairs and maintenance so give us a call.
- Customer site visits in essential cases will be accepted, again please contact us.
- We are aware that the country needs to keep moving, no matter what business you are in but priority might be given to specific vehicles in certain vital sectors, such as Emergency Services and Utilities etc.
- Shows and events are being cancelled across the country and into the summer and beyond so we will not be attending any shows or trade events for the foreseeable future.
Health and Safety Protocols:
- South Cave Tractors has implemented a no visitor’s policy, all scheduled meetings will be arranged via a telephone call or a video conference or other communication media.
- If you need to attend to collect parts or for service you will be advised of the procedure by phone before the visit.
- Casual callers and commercial visitors without an appointment maybe turned away. Front doors are monitored to prevent accidental comings and goings.
- Regular sanitising of door handles, banisters, handrails, keyboards and computers, desktops and high-contact areas is ongoing. We have implemented a one way entrance and exit to our building and are actively and extensively sanitising all areas concerned. All vehicles coming in for service work will have all hard surfaces wiped down with antibacterial wipes.
- We are still receiving deliveries at a sensible distance and the receiver will have appropriate hand protection. No signatures will be given at this stage
- Workshop staff should have no need to come into contact with anyone other than their immediate colleagues. No customers or visitors will be allowed into any part of the business, parts, deliveries etc. will be left out side
- Employees displaying any of the publicised symptoms of the virus will be sent home. Likewise, we trust our employees to be sensible in regards to their own well-being and that of their families and to self-isolate as required.
- Ongoing updates will be issued at intervals as any significant change occurs within the organisation via e-mail, social media.
We all would like to thank you for your understanding and continued support during this challenging time.
South Cave Tractors Ltd